Sunday, December 1, 2013

Welcome Penny Estelle

It’s my pleasure to shine a spotlight on Penny Estelle and let her tell you why she is happy today.  Congratulations, Penny.

I can’t tell you how excited I am that my very first ever Christmas story is being released today.  The Unwanted Christmas Guest is a story about Elizabeth McMurphy, an up and coming high powered attorney, who is after vengeance.  Her sights are set on one of the richest and most powerful families in Colorado. Steve York is an obnoxious reporter that thinks the ice queen has gone too far and does all he can to get under her skin.
When one of the worst blizzards in history, hits Colorado and leaves a hurt Steve York, stranded with Elizabeth in a mountain cabin, she must decide to either take care of him, or throw him out to fend for himself.


Excerpt
“What’s going on here? Where the hell are my pants?”
      Elizabeth practically jumped out of her skin. Steve stood in the bedroom doorway, wearing only some tight fitting pink sweats.
“I found you after your car went nose to nose with a tree.” She crossed her arms. “The question is, what were you doing up here in a snowstorm? Were you coming up here to spy on me?”
      “Jesus, my head hurts.” Steve groaned and sat at the kitchen table. “And don’t flatter yourself.” He brought up his hands to rub his eyes and push on his temples. He started to say something when a giggle and a round of undistinguishable sounds caught his attention. Steve stared at the little girl, a whisper of a smile on his pale face. “You have a daughter?”
      She chose to ignore the question. “Again, Mr. York, you were headed…where?”
      “I was going to see some friends in Granby, then on to Steamboat to spend the holidays with my family.”
      “You figured on taking a short cut on Badger Springs Road?”
      “Basically,” he muttered. “I had a phone in my pants pocket…” Steve looked down at the pink sweats. “Yours, I presume?” At her nod, he asked with a smirk, “And you’re the one that took my clothes off?”
      “Junior, my neighbor.”
      “If you’ll allow me to use your phone, I’ll call Triple A and get myself and my car out of your life.” He reached over to Katy and she latched onto his finger, the brightest smile ever illuminating her sweet face.
Elizabeth quickly picked her up, as if he would contaminate her by his touch.  “Phones are out.”
      “Internet?”
      “Nope.”
      “How the hell do you live here?” he asked irritably.
* * *

Please find The Unwanted Christmas Guest and my other stories with MuseItUp publishing @

Feel free to stop by and check out my other stories and/or leave me a message.  I love visitors!
 




Bio:
Hi everybody!  My name is Penny Estelle.  I was a school secretary for 21 years and retired in 2009.  We moved to our retirement home in Kingman, AZ, and we live on 54 acres in a very rural area.  Actually we live “off the grid”, on solar and wind.  A real adjustment for a city girl.  I must say – I love it.  Nothing like looking out your window in the early morning and see a wave of quail running across the property, or walking out your front door at night and hear coyotes howling in the distance and seeing a sky bursting with stars.  It is breathtaking!
 
I started writing for kids right before I retired.  There is always material when kids are involved.  I am pleased to say I have several middle grade/tween books out and my debut book for adults, under P. A. Estelle,  was just recently released.  I also have a non-fiction story out about our life with solar.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Penny, you are talking my language with this book. I loved the excerpt--mystery, humor, conflict, and the stirring of romance. I loved it. Can't wait to give it a read. Congratulations on the release of your first novel for adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Von for stopping. Your comment made my day! I sure hope you like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leona.....I can't tell you how much I appreciate you posting my spotlight for The Unwanted Christmas Guest. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Penny, it was my pleasure to host you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and tell me what is on your mind.
You'll need to use the drop down and make a Comment As selection. The simplest is to select Name/URL.